For one of the few times this year, Oroville’s Sierra Speiker didn’t win a cross country race, or challenge the winner.
Oroville High School
CWL-leading Bridgeport swept Oroville on Oct. 2.
Oroville’s Sierra Speiker added another feather to her figurative cap Saturday at the Can-Am Invitational, winning a battle with an Idaho Class 5A runner to claim the full 5k cross country race.
Oroville’s football team has taken its share of lumps this season as most of the junior and sophomore-dominated team gets acclimated to the varsity game. The Hornets delivered a few lumps themselves Friday, Sept. 28, at Manson, piling up nearly 600 yards of offense on the way to a 60-34 victory over the Trojans to earn Oroville its first Central Washington League win of the season.
PATEROS – Oroville’s volleyball team took on defending state 2B tournament participant Pateros, which is looking for a return trip to state this season after dropping down to the 1B ranks. The Nannies are no less imposing, however, as they swept past the Hornets 25-17, 25-15, 25-10. “(We) started this game with great intensity and [...]
Oroville’s girls soccer team played its best match of the season in a one-goal loss to the Wenatchee JV.
MANSON – A point here, a point there, and the Oroville volleyball team will have that long-awaited victory. The Hornets (0-6, 0-1 Central Washington League North Division) came that close to topping Manson on Thursday, Sept. 27, falling in five sets 24-26, 28-26, 25-10, 24-26, 15-12 to the Trojans. “Our girls hustled and played as [...]
OROVILLE – The Oroville girls soccer team’s Saturday game against the Wenatchee JV will now be played at home on Saturday, Sept. 29, at 1:00 p.m. The game was originally scheduled for earlier in the season, and the rescheduled for Saturday in Wenatchee. Continuing air quality concerns forced the move to Oroville’s Stan Nelson Field.
Oroville’s football team knew that Kittitas was going to run the ball. The Coyotes ran, and ran, and ran some more, not throwing a single pass while rushing for nearly 400 yards as they downed Oroville 38-14 on Friday, Sept. 22.
Tonasket and Oroville raced Saturday at Plantes Ferry Park in Spokane.
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237