Oroville at Okanogan Invitational Jordan Smith (120) – 3rd place Diego Santana (132) – 1 pin Eddie Ocampo (170) – 4th place Taylor Robinson (182) – 1st place, 3 pins Lukas Mieirs (195) – 3rd place
Oroville High School
HUNTERS -Oroville outscored Columbia (Hunters) 65-45 behind 23 points from Lily Hilderbrand and a career-high 18 from Brittany Jewett.
OMAK – A third quarter offensive dry spell cost the Oroville girls basketball team in 39-32 loss at Omak on Tuesday.
OMAK – Oroville’s boys basketball team stormed back from a 17 point third quarter deficit to tie the game on Lane Tietje’s layup with six seconds left, but Omak’s Chance Williams hit a free throw with no time on the clock to rescue the Pioneers.
COULEE DAM – Oroville’s wrestling team only had one night of action last week as the Hornets traveled to Coulee Dam for a mix-and-match night at Lake Roosevelt. Going 2-0 on the night were Jordan Smith (120 pounds, 2 pins); Charles Arrigoni (170, 2 pins); Ruben Renfro (170, 2 pins); Taylor Robinson (182, 2 pins) [...]
OROVILLE – Oroville girls beat Tonasket 46-10; Tiger boys return the favor over Hornets, 74-37. Stories in this week’s print edition.
Friday night basketball vs. Tonasket still on OROVILLE – A gas leak in the Oroville High School chemistry lab resulted in the early release of all students and staff Friday, Dec. 13, at 10:30 a.m. Superintendent Steve Quick said initial examination indicated that the leak was small but noted that any size leak is not [...]
OROVILLE – The Hornets dropped their first game of the season on Dec. 10 despite 13 points from sophomore Juan Lopez.
OROVILLE – Oroville’s girls basketball team gave up a 15-2 run in the third quarter in a 51-36 loss to Republic on Dec. 10.
OROVILLE – Oroville’s girls basketball team jumped out to a big early lead and cruised past Curlew in the Hornet’s opener on Dec. 7.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140