BRIDGEPORT – Oroville’s girls basketball team outscored Bridgeport in every quarter on Jan. 16 to improve to 2-0 in Central Washington 2B League play.
Oroville High School
ENTIAT – Oroville’s boys basketball team battled to a 28-24 halftime lead but couldn’t hold on in the second half despite 17 points from Juan Lopez. Entiat’s 22-7 third quarter and 71 percent shooting from the floor led to a 65-49 win over the Hornets.
OROVILLE – Oroville’s girls basketball team stayed on even terms with undefeated Entiat into the fourth quarter, but the illness-depleted Hornets faded down the stretch to fall 39-30.
Mary Walker (Springdale) Tournament, Jan. 11 No team scores kept Oroville placers: John Marquiss (113 lbs) – 2nd place Jordan Smith (120) – 2nd place Eddie Ocampo (160) – 3rd place Taylor Robinson (182) – 3rd place
OROVILLE – Lily Hilderbrand scored 16 points and Mikayla Scott added 10 as Oroville’s girls basketball team jumped to a 20-4 lead and cruised past Kittitas on Jan. 11, 54-17.
OROVILLE – Oroville’s boys basketball team showed flashes of the team coach Jay Thacker wants it to be, but Pateros’ full court pressure in the fourth quarter spurred a game-finishing 18-0 run by the Billygoats as Pateros came back for a 58-47 victory on Jan. 7.
PATEROS – Down by eight with five minutes left in a defensive battle, Oroville’s girls cut Pateros’ lead to one point with six seconds left before falling 29-27 on Jan. 7 in their final non-conference game of the season.
A couple of years ago, the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association made some noise about reconfiguring its classification system. Everything was supposedly on the table, including the potential scrapping of existing districts, setting up a seeded football playoff system, and/or changing the way students were counted when calculating school enrollment. There were a few tweaks that [...]
KETTLE FALLS – Oroville’s girls basketball team hit 21-of-34 from the free throw line to a key a 53-44 win at Kettle Falls on Dec. 28.
HUNTERS – Oroville’s boys basketball team outscored Columbia (Hunters) in every quarter on the way to a 60-28 victory on Dec. 21. Bryce Glover tallied season-high 17 points and Joseph Sarmiento added 16.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140