Wrestling Brackets (incl. Tonasket) at Freeman for Saturday, Feb. 15 – Class 1A District 6-7 Regional 2014 Wrestling Brackets (incl. Oroville) at Kittitas for Friday & Saturday, Feb. 15-16 – Class 1B/2B Eastern Regional 2014
Oroville High School
Oroville’s girls built 23 point lead and held off a Lake Roosevelt rally to clinch their first league title in memory. The Hornet boys showed patience and discipline in building a five point lead over Lake Roosevelt early in the third quarter, but turnovers proved costly as the Raiders rallied in in the second [...]
Caribou Trail League 1A District Results (includes Tonasket) Northeast B District Results (includes Oroville)
OROVILLE – For awhile, it looked as if Hornets’ senior wrestlers would be deprived of their Senior Night after Eastmont canceled a trip to Oroville on Wednesday due to weather. “We were extremely worried,” Ricevuto said. “So on the phone and email we go. Old and dear friend (coach) Jack Hamilton from Republic came through.” [...]
Oroville medalists at Ephrata Tournament 1st place – Taylor Robinson (182 lbs) 2nd place – Jordan Smith (120) 2nd place – Leo Curiel (120) 2nd place – Eddie Ocampo (160) 2nd place – Lukas Mieirs (182)
Oroville girls win on the road at Lake Roosevelt Tonasket girls fall at Cashmere Oroville boys lose to LR Cashmere beats Tonasket boys
MANSON – Oroville improved to 4-0 in Central Washington League play with a 62-33 victory at Manson on Tuesday, Jan. 21. The Hornets play at Lake Roosevelt in a showdown for the league’s top spot on Thursday.
MANSON – Oroville’s boys basketball team earned its first league victory of the season, 58-50 over Manson, on Tuesday as Bryce Glover scored 21 points while Dustin Nigg and Joseph Sarmiento combined for 22 points and 19 rebounds.
OROVILLE – Nine Hornets reached the scoring column and three – Lily Hilderbrand, Mikayla Scott and Brittany Jewett – hit double figures as Oroville beat Riverside Christian 53-21 on Saturday, Jan. 18.
BRIDGEPORT – Oroville came up empty on two late-game chances to tie, and Bridgeport hit four free throws in the final six seconds as the Mustangs held on for a 49-44 victory over the Hornets on Jan. 16.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140