REPUBLIC – Oroville won its first set at Republic on Sept. 6, and had a shot at taking a commanding 2-0 lead, but couldn’t pull out the second set and wound up losing in four. The Tigers came back for a 19-25, 25-23, 25-14, 25-6 victory. “(They) played an amazing first and second set,” said [...]
Oroville High School
Tonasket 3, Liberty Bell 1 TONASKET – The Tigers bounced back from a first game loss to defeat Liberty Bell in four games on Sept. 6, 20-25, 25-20, 25-18, 25-18. “With more and more court time our girls will gain the confidence they need to compete,” said Tonasket coach Jackie Gliddon. Leading the way for [...]
Despite playing short-handed, Oroville gave Tonasket everything it could handle in Tuesday’s non-conference volleyball opener for both teams. Tonasket’s Devan Utt served up three straight aces to put the Tigers in control of the fifth and decisive game of a 3-2 (25-18, 23-25, 25-19, 23-25, 15-6) victory.
OROVILLE – After tabling the issue two weeks ago, the Oroville School Board approved a one-year pilot program allowing eighth graders to participate in high school sports. The eighth graders can only play in sports that do not offer junior high teams in these particular sports though. And, the decision has to be approved by [...]
The stakes weren’t as high, but the result was the same. Oroville’s football team suffered a 21-6 loss in its opening contest of the season Friday, Aug. 31, managing just 140 yards of offense and committing a pair of costly second half turnovers.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140