Oroville’s football team scored first and last against visiting Davenport on Friday, Sept. 15. But what happened in the middle turned out to be the deciding factor as the Gorillas’ pulled away to a 41-14 victory in the Hornets’ final non-conference game before Central Washington 2B League play begins this week.
Oroville High School
Sierra Speiker wins third straight title MOSES LAKE – Oroville’s Sierra Speiker won her third straight title at the Moses Lake Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 15, to highlight performances by the Hornets and Tonasket at the first major meet of the season. Speiker finished the full 5k course with a time of 19:09 to win [...]
Oroville’s girls soccer team played a solid second half in its home opener on Thursday, Sept. 13, generating plenty of offensive chances and allowing just two goals. Unfortunately, the Hornets trailed 6-0 at the half, having allowed three goals in the opening eight minutes of play to dig an insurmountable hole and fell 8-0
WATERVILLE – Oroville’s volleyball team made the long trip to Waterville, only to come home with a four set loss to the Shockers on Thursday, Sept. 13. “Unfortunately (they) did not bring home a win,” said Oroville coach Stacey Hinze of the Hornets’ 22-25, 14-25, 25-19, 13-25 loss. “It was a disappointment, but a well-deserved [...]
WINTHROP – Liberty Bell, looking more and more like a Central Washington League title contender with every outing, took it to a young Oroville girls soccer squad playing its first game of the season on Sept. 11, 10-1. The Mountain Lions, who had already played a pre-season jamboree and three regular season games, scored early [...]
2012 girls soccer standings, scores and schedules. Scroll down below standings block for score / schedule links.
2012 volleyball standings, scores and schedules. Scroll down below standings block for score / schedule links.
Tonasket beat Kettle Falls and Oroville edged Mary Walker to highlight area football action on Sept. 7.
The Oroville football team’s defense stiffened and the offense put together its best drive of the young season when it needed it most as the Hornets edged Mary Walker in Springdale on Friday, Sept. 7, 19-12.
2012 football standings, scores and schedules. Scroll down below standings block for score / schedule links.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140