PUYALLUP – Oroville warmed up for the start of the state 2B playoffs with a 72-0 victory over Chief Leschi of Puyallup on Saturday, Nov. 3. The Hornets held Chief Leschi to minus-2 yards of total offense for the game, including -54 yards on the ground. Oroville led 33-0 after the first quarter and 53-0 [...]
Oroville High School
PASCO – Distance runners are their own breed, so it shouldn’t be all that surprising that Sierra Speiker’s first words after winning her second Class 1B/2B state cross country title in three years were self-critical. The Oroville junior, who won her first championship as a freshman and took second last year, pulled away to a [...]
Oroville exploded for 42 points in the second and third quarters on the way to a 57-12 victory over Bridgeport on Oct. 26.
The Hornets didn’t quite get their team regional three-peat, finishing second to Lake Roosevelt by one point. But with the minimum of five girls needed for a team score, the Hornets will indeed be heading back to state. And Sierra Speiker cruised to her third straight individual regional title with 3-mile personal best time.
OROVILLE – Sierra Speiker has been winning so many cross country races for so long in North Central Washington that it’s easy to just expect it to happen without regard to what it takes to reach that level of consistency. So Speiker was pleased when she learned she was the recipient of last week’s Washington [...]
Oroville’s volleyball team snapped a three-year losing streak with a sweep of Manson on Oct. 23.
WHITE SWAN – A few weeks ago, the thought of Oroville’s football team even hanging with a powerful White Swan squad seemed a tad optimistic. The young Hornets have grown as the season has progressed. And there they were, in hostile territory on Friday, Oct. 19, trailing the Cougars 33-30 in the fourth quarter. Oroville [...]
Oroville quarterback Luke Kindred’s performance against Lake Roosevelt two weeks ago earned him the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association’s Athlete of the Week award, the the high school association announced on Oct. 18.
Oroville’s Sierra Speiker cruised to her third straight Central Washington League cross country title, leading the Hornet girls to their third straight team league title.
Oroville’s Sierra Speiker won the Hornets’ home invitational by over a minute and a half, while Liam Daily of Liberty Bell won a battle with Republic’s Duncan Forsman to claim victory on the boys side on a damp Saturday morning, Oct. 13.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140