TONASKET – Defending state girls basketball champion Okanogan ran to a 26-2 first quarter lead at Tonasket on Tuesday, Dec. 11, coasting to a 66-8 victory over the Tigers. Okanogan led 37-6 at the half. Tonasket managed just one basket in the second half, which was shortened considerably by the running clock rule that took [...]
Okanogan High School
TONASKET – Jim Townsend scored 25 points, many of them off of offensive rebounds, as Okanogan handed Tonasket the Tigers’ first loss of the season on Tuesday, Dec. 11. The unbeaten (5-0) Bulldogs raced to a 26-7 lead early in the second quarter, but the Tigers got back in the game with a 15-2 run [...]
OKANOGAN – If the Tonasket girls soccer team’s season had to end, this was probably the best way to do it. The Tigers gave Okanogan everything the Bulldogs could handle Tuesday, Oct. 30, withstanding a huge early barrage before playing on even terms for most of the afternoon. “We played a very good game,” [...]
The Tonasket volleyball team was swept by Okanogan on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 25-18, 25-20, 25-13.
Tonasket fell behind 35-7 at halftime and looked like they were set to play most of the second half under the dreaded running clock. But the Tigers bounced back to make a game of it, “winning” the second half and throwing a bit of a scare into the Bulldogs before falling 42-21.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140