UPDATE: Even after the second vote count all incumbents for office, except Lael Duncan for North Valley Hospital Commissioner, have been returned to their previous posts. In fact, as of last Friday’s vote count, Teresa Hughes has gained in her run for the NVH Commissioner Position 5 seat. Dick Larson, in Position 4 for the Hospital Board maintained his lead against challenger Rosa Snyder.
Okanogan County Auditor
OKANOGAN – What a difference a week makes, it looks like Supt. Steve Quick got the miracle he was hoping for as Oroville School District’s three-year capital improvement levy is now ahead in the ballot count by 58 votes.
OKANOGAN COUNTY – Oroville School District’s special three-year $1.2 million capital improvement levy had widened to 17 votes from passing as of the second ballot count following the Nov. 6 general election.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140