Good Karma $1 wins ‘Best of Fest’ OROVILLE – More than 300 film-goers attended one or multiple venues of last week’s Tumbleweed Film Festival in Oroville. The short films were shown at four locations this year. The first night, Thursday, was at Veranda Beach Resort. As rain threatened, the outdoor theater was moved inside the [...]
Like its namesake, the Tumbleweed Film Festival has rolled back into town. And with two free and two paid events, there’s really no excuse not to venture out and give the promoters your support by attending one of the venues.
OROVILLE – The Tumbleweed Film Festival (TwFF), Washington’s most unique film fest, brings 40 short films to its fourth annual film festival in Oroville on Aug. 1, 2 and 3.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140