Agustin Pedregon’s winning percentage as the Tonasket boys basketball coach will never be higher. The Tigers won their new coach’s opening game 60-50 over Liberty Bell on Friday, Nov. 30, to lift Pedregon to a technically-unbeaten 1-0 record on opening night. They also made it a bit interesting in doing so.
Liberty Bell High School
The Hornets didn’t quite get their team regional three-peat, finishing second to Lake Roosevelt by one point. But with the minimum of five girls needed for a team score, the Hornets will indeed be heading back to state. And Sierra Speiker cruised to her third straight individual regional title with 3-mile personal best time.
Oroville’s Sierra Speiker won the Hornets’ home invitational by over a minute and a half, while Liam Daily of Liberty Bell won a battle with Republic’s Duncan Forsman to claim victory on the boys side on a damp Saturday morning, Oct. 13.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140