Tonasket boys basketball coach Agustin Pedregon wanted to use the Brewster Christmas Tournament to measure the progress of his team, as the Tigers faced two opponents that they’d already played this season.
Lake Roosevelt High School
Tigers blanked in fourth quarter of Tuesday’s loss at Lake Roosevelt.
The Hornets didn’t quite get their team regional three-peat, finishing second to Lake Roosevelt by one point. But with the minimum of five girls needed for a team score, the Hornets will indeed be heading back to state. And Sierra Speiker cruised to her third straight individual regional title with 3-mile personal best time.
Oroville’s football team took care of business against a Lake Roosevelt team it knew it couldn’t allow to stay in the game, putting together a nearly mistake-free performance while beating the Raiders 45-19.
The Oroville volleyball team keeps improving. Hopefully that improvement will soon result in a victory as the Hornets pushed Lake Roosevelt to five sets on Tuesday, Oct. 9 before falling.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140