Tonasket boys basketball coach Agustin Pedregon wanted to use the Brewster Christmas Tournament to measure the progress of his team, as the Tigers faced two opponents that they’d already played this season.
Lake Roosevelt High School
Tigers blanked in fourth quarter of Tuesday’s loss at Lake Roosevelt.
The Hornets didn’t quite get their team regional three-peat, finishing second to Lake Roosevelt by one point. But with the minimum of five girls needed for a team score, the Hornets will indeed be heading back to state. And Sierra Speiker cruised to her third straight individual regional title with 3-mile personal best time.
Oroville’s football team took care of business against a Lake Roosevelt team it knew it couldn’t allow to stay in the game, putting together a nearly mistake-free performance while beating the Raiders 45-19.
The Oroville volleyball team keeps improving. Hopefully that improvement will soon result in a victory as the Hornets pushed Lake Roosevelt to five sets on Tuesday, Oct. 9 before falling.
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237