Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Girls Basketball Brewster 82, Tonasket 13 Chelan 62, Quincy 25 Cascade 56, Cashmere 44 Okanogan 66, Omak 27 Entiat 43, Liberty Bell 29 (NL) Pateros 48, Bridgeport 23 (NL) White Swan 63, River View 22 (NL) Girls Basketball Standings/Scores/Schedules Boys Basketball Brewster 72, Tonasket 50 Chelan 42, Quincy 36 Cashmere 80, Cascade 55 Okanogan 79, Omak 41 [...]
OROVILLE – The snow was whipping around Coulton Auditorium on Saturday night, but that didn’t compare to the freeze the Oroville girls basketball team inflicted on the Columbia Lions inside. Oroville held Columbia (Hunters) without a point for the first 12 minutes of the game while starting on an 18-0 run and cruised to a [...]
Saturday’s high school sports action
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Girls Basketball Brewster 76, Omak 35 Okanogan 66, Cascade 45 Entiat 73, Liberty Bell 33 (NL) Manson def. Waterville (NL) Almira-Coulee/Hartline 58, Kittitas 45 (NL) Sunnyside Christian 76, White Swan 52 (NL) Pateros 53, Lake Roosevelt 43 (NL) Girls basketball standings / scores / schedules Boys Basketball Brewster 56, Omak 47 Okanogan 63, Cascade 46 Liberty Bell 61, [...]
OROVILLE – Oroville staged a huge fourth quarter comeback, outscoring Omak 20-7 over the final eight minutes, but fell three points short in a 46-43 non-league girls basketball loss to the Pioneers on Dec. 11. The Hornets scored just two points in the second quarter in falling behind 25-13 at the half. Briana Moralez scored [...]
TONASKET – Defending state girls basketball champion Okanogan ran to a 26-2 first quarter lead at Tonasket on Tuesday, Dec. 11, coasting to a 66-8 victory over the Tigers. Okanogan led 37-6 at the half. Tonasket managed just one basket in the second half, which was shortened considerably by the running clock rule that took [...]
CTL and CWL Scores for Tuesday.
Oroville’s girls basketball team edged Tonasket 35-33 in a white-knuckler on Friday, Dec. 7.
CTL and CWL Scores for Dec. 8.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington League Standings
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237