This coming Veteran’s Day the community, the county, in fact the whole state, should be proud of the U.S. Armed Forces Legacy Memorial built by volunteers in Tonasket. It’s a memorial to our veterans that rivals many of those in much larger municipalities.
Gary A. DeVon
While we should still strive for a smaller, more efficient government, events like the ongoing “superstorm” devastating our east coast and parts of the Midwest remind us that there’s still a place for “big”government. That’s especially true when individual states don’t have the logistical or economic means to battle natural disasters like this one where early estimates for recovery are upwards of $20 billion.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140