TONASKET – Tonasket struggled to hold onto the ball on Friday during its Caribou Trail League opener with Brewster, but managed to overcome seven fumbles in defeating the Bears 40-14 on the Tigers’ home field.With smoke filling the Okanogan River valley from fires in the Wenatchee area, the Tigers fumbled the ball away seven [...]
Tom’s Tailgate, a contest put on by KREM 2 (Spokane) weather forecaster Tom Sherry, gives Tonasket a chance to host the weatherman’s forecast at a tailgate party prior to the Okanogan at Tonasket football game Friday, Sept. 21.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington League (2B) Tonasket 40, Brewster 14 Davenport 41, Oroville 14 (NL) Okanogan 21, Chelan 6 Cashmere 68, Omak 0 Cascade 10, Quincy 7 Reardan 41, Lake Roosevelt 14 (NL) Darrington 48, Manson 7 (NL) Liberty (Spangle) 28, Bridgeport 20 (NL) Lind-Ritzville/Sprague 35, Kittitas 14 (NL) Mary Walker 18 at [...]
Tonasket beat Kettle Falls and Oroville edged Mary Walker to highlight area football action on Sept. 7.
Tonasket football coach Jay Hawkins told his team that Friday’s defensive performance was the best he’s seen a Tiger team put forth in several seasons.
It would be hard to argue after the Bulldogs put together just one solid drive despite having most of its key offensive players back from a team that won at Tonasket last year. The Tigers held Kettle to 220 yards of offense, 70 of which came on the Bulldogs’ second possession of the game and resulted in their only score as Tonasket rolled, 26-6.
The Oroville football team’s defense stiffened and the offense put together its best drive of the young season when it needed it most as the Hornets edged Mary Walker in Springdale on Friday, Sept. 7, 19-12.
2012 football standings, scores and schedules. Scroll down below standings block for score / schedule links.
The stakes weren’t as high, but the result was the same. Oroville’s football team suffered a 21-6 loss in its opening contest of the season Friday, Aug. 31, managing just 140 yards of offense and committing a pair of costly second half turnovers.
Tonasket’s football team dominated Bridgeport in its season opener on Friday, Aug. 31, behind four touchdowns by Michael Orozco.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140