BREWSTER – Playing outstanding defense for one half wasn’t enough to save Tonasket’s Caribou Trail League football opener on Friday, Sept. 20. The Tigers, playing a fired up Brewster squad celebrating its homecoming, didn’t match the Bears’ energy or focus in the first half while falling behind 21-7. An inspired defensive performance kept Brewster pinned [...]
2013 Tonasket Comancheros Demolition Derby results 1st Heat – Trophy sponsor: The Junction 1. #303 Robert Hallam 2. #71 Jake Taylor 3. #64 David Brown 4. #36c Darryl Ortuno 2nd Heat – Trophy sponsor: George Frank 1. #303 Jimmy Caveness 2. #64 David Brown 3. #4400 Brandon Weller 4. #71 Jake Taylor 3rd Heat – [...]
Chesaw Rodeo slideshow Pictures from the Chesaw 4th of July Rodeo!
Sights from the Conscious Culture Festival outside of Tonasket, June 21-23.
The Tonasket Community Theater concludes its run of “The Legend of Cat Ballou,” June 28-29 at the CCC. Both shows are at 7 p.m. If you can’t make it (or even if you have), enjoy this photo gallery from the local production.
The 24th Annual Father’s Day Fly-In in Tonasket afforded lots of good food (steak barbecue Saturday night, breakfast Sunday morning) and perfect weather made for great viewing.
The Tonasket Founders Day Rodeo opened Friday, May 31, at the Tonasket Rodeo Grounds. Check out the slideshow of the first night of rodeo action. Saturday will not only include the second day of the rodeo, but the annual parade, fun run, and much more.
TONASKET – The U. S. Armed Forces Legacy site was dedicated Saturday, May 18, 2013, coinciding with Armed Forces Day. The dedication included a parade through Tonasket and a ceremony at the Legacy site, highlighted by speeches by Captain Alan Walker (U.S. Coast Guard) and Lieutenant Commander Allen Willey (U.S. Navy Civil Engineers). More details [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140