OMAK – Tonasket’s Oscar Avilez ran his best race of the year to date at Omak on Tuesday, Oct. 2, earning a sixth-place finish out of more than 130 runners at the Omak Invitational. Avilez finished in 17:01 on the three-mile course. “Oscar did run his best race of the year,” said Tonasket coach Bob Thornton. [...]
Tuesday night’s scores
Oroville’s Sierra Speiker added another feather to her figurative cap Saturday at the Can-Am Invitational, winning a battle with an Idaho Class 5A runner to claim the full 5k cross country race.
High school sports scores from Sept. 29.
Tonasket and Oroville raced Saturday at Plantes Ferry Park in Spokane.
Scores from Saturday’s action
Catie Arrigoni, a 2011 Oroville graduate running for Everett Community College, earned a ninth-place finish at the prestigious Sundodger Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 15. Zack Speiker, a freshman also from Oroville, was 62nd out of 237.
Sierra Speiker wins third straight title MOSES LAKE – Oroville’s Sierra Speiker won her third straight title at the Moses Lake Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 15, to highlight performances by the Hornets and Tonasket at the first major meet of the season. Speiker finished the full 5k course with a time of 19:09 to win [...]
Though lineups were depleted by athletes committed to the Okanogan County Fair, Tonasket hosted its season-opening cross country meet on Saturday, Sept. 8, with 74 runners competing.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140