Saturday’s results, highlighted by a state championship for Sierra Speiker.
Central Washington League
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League CTL/NEA non-playoff crossovers Riverside 29, Tonasket 28 Omak 32, Kettle Falls 13 Chelan 42, Newport 13 CTL/NEA state play-in crossovers Cashmere (#1 CTL) 66, Lakeside (#4 NEA) 9 Cascade (#2 CTL) 44, Medical Lake (#3 NEA) 14 Quincy (#3 CTL) 16, Freeman (#2 NEA) 7 Chewelah (#1 NEA) [...]
CTL Soccer and Volleyball playoffs start
Oroville exploded for 42 points in the second and third quarters on the way to a 57-12 victory over Bridgeport on Oct. 26.
The Hornets didn’t quite get their team regional three-peat, finishing second to Lake Roosevelt by one point. But with the minimum of five girls needed for a team score, the Hornets will indeed be heading back to state. And Sierra Speiker cruised to her third straight individual regional title with 3-mile personal best time.
OROVILLE – Sierra Speiker has been winning so many cross country races for so long in North Central Washington that it’s easy to just expect it to happen without regard to what it takes to reach that level of consistency. So Speiker was pleased when she learned she was the recipient of last week’s Washington [...]
Saturday’s scores – final day of regular season for CTL.
Cross country regionals and football scores
High school soccer and volleyball, Oct. 25
Oroville’s volleyball team snapped a three-year losing streak with a sweep of Manson on Oct. 23.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140