Tonasket couldn’t sustain a strong start in Thursday’s 57-27 loss to Omak.
Caribou Trail League
Tonasket’s boys basketball team bounced back from a 13-point first half deficit — twice — to knock off Omak on Thursday.
Thursday night’s high school scores
Tonasket’s wrestling team took seventh-place at Royal on Saturday, Dec. 29, thanks partly to the tough nature of the tournament, but also to the fact that the Tigers were missing starters Jeffrey Stedtfeld, Austin Booker and Austin Knowlton.
Tonasket boys basketball coach Agustin Pedregon wanted to use the Brewster Christmas Tournament to measure the progress of his team, as the Tigers faced two opponents that they’d already played this season.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Girls Basketball Brewster Tourney Brewster 88 Tonasket 24 (championship) Lake Roosevelt 69, Liberty Bell 24 (3rd place) Cascade Tourney Cascade 62, Northwest School 16 Okanogan 90, Overlake 10 Chelan Tourney Chelan 53, Lakeside 49 (OT) Boys Basketball Brewster Tourney Brewster 60, Tonasket 42 (championship) Liberty Bell def. Lake Roosevelt (3rd [...]
Tonasket boys fall at Cashmere
Wrestling Tonasket wins Oroville’s 13-team North Okanogan Holiday Invitational Girls Basketball Brewster 78, Almira-Coulee/Hartline 24 (NL) Lake Roosevelt 57, Omak 49 (NL) Boys Basketball Brewster 61, Almira-Coulee/Hartline 31 (NL) Omak 65, Lake Roosevelt 42 (NL)
Friday’s scores – and a little Thursday action too
Brewster’s 12 3-pointers keyed a 22-point win over Tonasket on Dec. 19.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140