Caribou Trail League
Tonasket’s girls basketball team had a loss turned into a victory after Omak had to forfeit Tuesday’s game that was critical to both squads’ playoff chances.
The Tigers wrapped up their first district playoff berth since the 2006-7 season with Tuesday’s 67-58 victory at Omak.
Tuesday’s basketball scores
Wrestling Tonasket 55, Okanogan 12 Quincy 57, Cashmere 12 Brewster at Omak Girls Basketball Chelan 60, Casscade 38 Boys Basketball Chelan 67, Cascade 26
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Girls Basketball Brewster 87, Tonasket 37 Oroville 66, Liberty Bell 43 Okanogan 77, Omak 22 Chelan 49, Quincy 9 Cashmere 65, Cascade 39 Lake Roosevelt 68, Bridgeport 24 Manson 36, Kittitas 30 Girls Basketball Standings / Scores / Schedules Boys Basketball Brewster 63, Tonasket 48 Liberty Bell [...]
Tonasket went nose to nose with the Caribou Trail League favorites for most of the night before Chelan won four of the final five matches to defeat the Tigers 43-30.
Friday’s basketball Scores
Tonasket 66, Cashmere 15 106 lbs – Rade Pilkinton (T) pinned Austin Steele (C), 5:26 113 – Christian Diaz (T) forfeit win 120 – Trevor Peterson (T) forfeit win 126 – Jorge Juarez (T) pinned Nathan Thompson (C), 4:13 132 – Dyllan Walton (T) pinned Page Bates (C), 1:11 138 – Dalton Wahl (T) pinned [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140