Though lineups were depleted by athletes committed to the Okanogan County Fair, Tonasket hosted its season-opening cross country meet on Saturday, Sept. 8, with 74 runners competing.
Caribou Trail League
2012 girls soccer standings, scores and schedules. Scroll down below standings block for score / schedule links.
2012 volleyball standings, scores and schedules. Scroll down below standings block for score / schedule links.
Tonasket beat Kettle Falls and Oroville edged Mary Walker to highlight area football action on Sept. 7.
Tonasket football coach Jay Hawkins told his team that Friday’s defensive performance was the best he’s seen a Tiger team put forth in several seasons.
It would be hard to argue after the Bulldogs put together just one solid drive despite having most of its key offensive players back from a team that won at Tonasket last year. The Tigers held Kettle to 220 yards of offense, 70 of which came on the Bulldogs’ second possession of the game and resulted in their only score as Tonasket rolled, 26-6.
2012 football standings, scores and schedules. Scroll down below standings block for score / schedule links.
Tonasket’s girls soccer team scored an eventful 4-3 victory over Liberty Bell in the Tigers’ season-opener on Thursday, Sept. 6, notching a pair of short-handed goals in the final 10 minutes to earn the come-from-behind win.
Tonasket 3, Liberty Bell 1 TONASKET – The Tigers bounced back from a first game loss to defeat Liberty Bell in four games on Sept. 6, 20-25, 25-20, 25-18, 25-18. “With more and more court time our girls will gain the confidence they need to compete,” said Tonasket coach Jackie Gliddon. Leading the way for [...]
Despite playing short-handed, Oroville gave Tonasket everything it could handle in Tuesday’s non-conference volleyball opener for both teams. Tonasket’s Devan Utt served up three straight aces to put the Tigers in control of the fifth and decisive game of a 3-2 (25-18, 23-25, 25-19, 23-25, 15-6) victory.
Tonasket’s football team dominated Bridgeport in its season opener on Friday, Aug. 31, behind four touchdowns by Michael Orozco.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140