TONASKET – Not much went Tonasket’s way in a Tuesday, Oct. 2, 5-0 loss to defending Caribou Trail League champion Cashmere. While the Bulldogs haven’t been clicking on all cylinders to the level they did last season, they were more than up to the task against a shorthanded Tonasket squad. Midfielder Megan Beyers was out [...]
Caribou Trail League
OMAK – Tonasket’s Oscar Avilez ran his best race of the year to date at Omak on Tuesday, Oct. 2, earning a sixth-place finish out of more than 130 runners at the Omak Invitational. Avilez finished in 17:01 on the three-mile course. “Oscar did run his best race of the year,” said Tonasket coach Bob Thornton. [...]
Tuesday night’s scores
Oroville’s Sierra Speiker added another feather to her figurative cap Saturday at the Can-Am Invitational, winning a battle with an Idaho Class 5A runner to claim the full 5k cross country race.
It can be hard to find the silver lining after a 56-point loss, but Tonasket football coach Jay Hawkins found several. The Tigers, despite losing to second-ranked Cashmere 62-6 on Friday, Sept. 28, cut down on penalties and turnovers from previous contests and had a few other bright spots throughout the Caribou Trail League game.
High school sports scores from Sept. 29.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Oroville 60, Manson 34 Cashmere 62, Tonasket 6 Okanogan 41, Brewster 0 Quincy 45, Omak 0 Cascade 54, Chelan 19 (Saturday) White Swan 36, Mabton 8 Liberty Bell 27, Bridgeport 26 Kittitas 61, Lake Roosvelt 14 Football standings / scores / schedules
Tonasket’s girls soccer team picked up a win it needed to have on Thursday, Sept. 27, defeating Chelan at home, 2-0.
State 1A volleyball power Chelan may have a relatively young team but is proving to be no less imposing than it has been in adding to its collection of state trophies in recent years. Tonasket took its lumps in the Goats’ home floor on Thursday, Sept. 27, absorbing a 25-19, 25-8, 25-9 defeat.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Scores Girls Soccer Tonasket 2, Chelan 0 Oroville at Bridgeport Omak 6, Quincy 0 Girls soccer standings / scores / schedules Volleyball Chelan 3, Tonasket 0 Omak 3, Quincy 0 Bridgeport 3, Liberty Bell 0 Mason 3, Lake Roosevelt 2 Wahluke 3, Kittitas 2 Volleyball standings / scores / schedules
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140