BREWSTER – Playing outstanding defense for one half wasn’t enough to save Tonasket’s Caribou Trail League football opener on Friday, Sept. 20. The Tigers, playing a fired up Brewster squad celebrating its homecoming, didn’t match the Bears’ energy or focus in the first half while falling behind 21-7. An inspired defensive performance kept Brewster pinned [...]
Brewster High School
BREWSTER – Despite some of the fits and starts that often characterize season-opening games, Oroville’s football team ended three years of frustration with an 18-7 victory at Brewster on Friday, Sept 6. The Hornets withstood a disastrous first five minutes that included a botched punt attempt and a pass interference penalty that combined to set [...]
Tonasket boys basketball coach Agustin Pedregon wanted to use the Brewster Christmas Tournament to measure the progress of his team, as the Tigers faced two opponents that they’d already played this season.
Brewster’s 12 3-pointers keyed a 22-point win over Tonasket on Dec. 19.
BREWSTER – Brewster’s volleyball squad has had little trouble with the move back up to the 1A Caribou Trail League this season. The two time 2B state trophy-winners have had their way with all but league-leading Cascade — losing to the Kodiaks in five sets — and swept visiting Tonasket on Tuesday, Sept. 25, 25-8, 25-13, [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140