OROVILLE – Gil Ildelfonso scored a career-high 15 points, but it wasn’t enough for the Oroville boys basketball team as the Hornets fell to Omak on Tuesday, Dec. 11, 56-42. Omak led 30-20 at halftime, but the Pioneers pulled further ahead in the third quarter as Marvin Frank scored 11 of his game-high 24 points. [...]
TONASKET – Jim Townsend scored 25 points, many of them off of offensive rebounds, as Okanogan handed Tonasket the Tigers’ first loss of the season on Tuesday, Dec. 11. The unbeaten (5-0) Bulldogs raced to a 26-7 lead early in the second quarter, but the Tigers got back in the game with a 15-2 run [...]
CTL and CWL Scores for Tuesday.
OROVILLE – It’s no surprise that a young team facing a superior opponent might struggle, and that was certainly the case for the Oroville boys as they fell hard to Chelan in a non-league basketball contest on Saturday, Dec. 8, 74-22. Hornets coach Allen Allie said that while he’s seeing plenty of improvement with his [...]
CTL and CWL Scores for Dec. 8.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Standings
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Scores Girls Basketball Oroville 35, Tonasket 33 (NL) Almira-Coulee/Hartline 40, Omak 36 (NL) Brewster 69, Reardan 66 (NL) Wapato 53, White Swan 44 (NL) MLCA at Kittitas (NL) Sunnyside Christian 57, Riverside Christian 17 (NL) Boys Basketball Tonasket 70, Oroville 47 (NL) Almira-Coulee/Hartline 44, at Omak 24 (NL) Brewster 60, Reardan 40 (NL) Bridgeport 61, Mansfield [...]
Tonasket wins at Lake Roosevelt, hosts rival Oroville this Friday.
Foul trouble and one bad quarter costly for Hornets at Republic on Dec. 4.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Girls Basketball Lake Roosevelt 60, Tonasket 36 (NL) Republic 44, Oroville 23 (NL) Okanogan 68, Almira-Coulee/Hartline 31 (NL) Cascade 65, Cle Elum 36 (NL) Eastmont at Cashmere, ppd. (12/20) Quincy 35, Wahluke 30 (NL) Pateros 55, Liberty Bell 11 (NL) Bridgeport 28, Waterville 25 (NL) Entiat 49, Manson 35 [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140