TONASKET-The Tonasket boys and girls cross country teams both took fourth in league at the Caribou Trail League Championship meet at the Chelan course on Thursday, Oct. 23.
Sports and Outdoors
TONASKET-The Tonasket girls’ volleyball team lost one game and won one game last week.
OROVILLE – Despite the final score of 49 to 13, the Oroville Hornets put up a hard fight against a much bigger and deeper visiting La Salle football team last Friday evening.
TONASKET – The Tonasket girls’ volleyball team won both their games last week while on the road.
BREWSTER-The Tonasket Tigers brought in their first league football game while on the road in Brewster on Friday, Oct. 3.
TONASKET-The girls’ soccer team had a hard week couple of games last week.
OROVILLE – The Oroville High School Homecoming Week started and ended with football wins.
OROVILLE-The field was striped, the bleachers were full, the lights were on and on Friday, Sept. 12, so were the Tonasket Tigers.
TONASKET-Uphill, downhill, over grass, and over rocks, the cross country team runs over it all.
REPUBLIC – The Oroville Hornets put one in the win column in their season opener against Republic on the Tiger’s home turf.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140