OROVILLE – Carlos Herrera was name to the NCW2B First Team on both the offensive and defensive line as voted on by the football coaches in the league at a recent meeting.
Sports and Outdoors
TONASKET – The Caribou Trail League announced those players in football, volleyball, soccer and cross country that have made the All League Team.
TONASKET-Macho-Man volleyball raised money for the T-Club at Tonasket High School on Wednesday, Nov. 12.
TACOMA – A former Tonasket High School football player and senior at the University of Puget Sound was recently named to the ESPN The Magazine/CoSIDA Academic All-District team.
It was a sister and brother hunting season as Haley and Andrew Grillo from Tonasket each had successful hunts…
Alex Mershon, from the Frosty Creek area, shot his first buck with a Youth Permit near the Eder Ranch…
KETTLE FALLS- On a misty night so cold spectators could see steam coming off of the players, the Tonasket Tigers put together four quarters against the Kettle Falls Bulldogs on Friday, Nov. 7 to come out with a win.
PASCO-The hard work of the cross country team paid off for them on Saturday, Nov. 8 at the state championship meet in Pasco.
OROVILLE – Oroville wrapped up their season with a disappointing loss against the Soap Lake Eagles last Friday night.
OKANOGAN-The Okanogan Country Relay for Life is hosting a kick-off party in the Okanogan High School cafeteria on Wednesday, Nov. 19.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140