It was a sister and brother hunting season as Haley and Andrew Grillo from Tonasket each had successful hunts…
Sports and Outdoors
Alex Mershon, from the Frosty Creek area, shot his first buck with a Youth Permit near the Eder Ranch…
KETTLE FALLS- On a misty night so cold spectators could see steam coming off of the players, the Tonasket Tigers put together four quarters against the Kettle Falls Bulldogs on Friday, Nov. 7 to come out with a win.
PASCO-The hard work of the cross country team paid off for them on Saturday, Nov. 8 at the state championship meet in Pasco.
OROVILLE – Oroville wrapped up their season with a disappointing loss against the Soap Lake Eagles last Friday night.
OKANOGAN-The Okanogan Country Relay for Life is hosting a kick-off party in the Okanogan High School cafeteria on Wednesday, Nov. 19.
TONASKET-After winning their last league match against Cashmere on Tuesday, Oct. 28, the girls’ volleyball season ended in the first round of the district tournament on Saturday, Nov. 1.
WENATCHEE-For the first time since 1993, the whole Tonasket girls’ cross country team is going to the state competition after the district meet in Walla Walla Point Park in on Thursday, Oct. 30.
OROVILLE – The home field advantage didn’t help much as the Oroville Hornets fell to an early Halloween attack of the White Swan Cougars last Friday by a score of 15 to 47.
TONASKET-In every game, one team wins and one teams loses, and on Friday night, Tonasket lost by one point in a double overtime game against Okanogan.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140