TONASKET – Dana Pryor and Cierra Silverthorn, both seniors at Tonasket High School, will be playing against each other in college next season.
Sports and Outdoors
TONASKET – The tennis team was honored with varsity letters and awards during the team banquet on Thursday, June 4.
LEAVENWORTH – The Tonasket baseball season ended with a double header loss to Cascade on Saturday, May 9.
TONASKET – Several Tonasket tennis players are headed to the district matches next week after their last two regular season matches last week.
OROVILLE – Oroville still is hovering near the top of the NCWB Fastpitch Standings with only Kittitas with a better record this season.
TONASKET – The Tonasket boys tennis team lost to the Oroville boys tennis team at home on Saturday, May 2.
TONASKET – The Oroville and Tonasket boys’ and girls’ track teams finished in the top ten during the Tonasket Invitational track and field meet on Friday, April 17.
BREWSTER – The Tonasket boys’ soccer team played a good game against Brewster but couldn’t find the win on Saturday, April 18.
COULEE DAM – The Tonasket baseball team finished up a successful week in Coulee Dam with a doubleheader win against Lake Roosevelt on Saturday, April 18.
TONASKET – The Tonasket boys’ tennis team lost one match and won one match while the girls’ tennis team lost two matches last week.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140