OROVILLE – Oroville still is hovering near the top of the NCWB Fastpitch Standings with only Kittitas with a better record this season.
Sports and Outdoors
TONASKET – The Tonasket boys tennis team lost to the Oroville boys tennis team at home on Saturday, May 2.
TONASKET – The Oroville and Tonasket boys’ and girls’ track teams finished in the top ten during the Tonasket Invitational track and field meet on Friday, April 17.
BREWSTER – The Tonasket boys’ soccer team played a good game against Brewster but couldn’t find the win on Saturday, April 18.
COULEE DAM – The Tonasket baseball team finished up a successful week in Coulee Dam with a doubleheader win against Lake Roosevelt on Saturday, April 18.
TONASKET – The Tonasket boys’ tennis team lost one match and won one match while the girls’ tennis team lost two matches last week.
EPHRATA – During the Ray Cross Invite track and field tournament at Ephrata High School on Saturday, March 28, many Tonasket athletes set personal records.
TONASKET – The boys’ soccer team lost two games at home in their second week of season play.
TONASKET – The Tonasket baseball team won their season opener last week only to lose a doubleheader two days later.
OROVILLE – The Tonasket track and field team did well during the jamboree and their first meet against Oroville last week.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140