TONASKET – The Tonasket men’s soccer team is seventh in their league after a 2-2 tie game against Okanogan on Saturday, July 11.
Sports and Outdoors
Hawkins Gebbers, Brewster High School graduate, was drafted in the thirty-third round of the Major League Baseball Professional Draft last Thursday morning by the Seattle Mariners.
CHESAW – Colt Kartchner of Danville, Wash., was this year’s Senior All Around Cowboy at the annual Chesaw Fourth of July Rodeo. Local, Dustin Nigg, took home the All Around honors in the Junior division.
AENEAS VALLEY – There was quite a lot of catching going on at Round Lake on Saturday, June 20; catching of fish that is.
TONASKET – The second year of the Tonasket High School sports camp was successful last week, with the number of participating increasing.
TONASKET – Several athletes on the Tonasket High School track and field team were honored with Caribou Trail League All-Team awards during the banquet on Monday, June 8.
TONASKET – Dana Pryor and Cierra Silverthorn, both seniors at Tonasket High School, will be playing against each other in college next season.
TONASKET – The tennis team was honored with varsity letters and awards during the team banquet on Thursday, June 4.
LEAVENWORTH – The Tonasket baseball season ended with a double header loss to Cascade on Saturday, May 9.
TONASKET – Several Tonasket tennis players are headed to the district matches next week after their last two regular season matches last week.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140