Hornet coach Carl Iverson finds himself at the helm of a smaller group of younger team players this year than his previous four years of coaching the basketball team.
Sports and Outdoors
OROVILLE – The Lady Hornets Basketball team has a new coach, Mike Bourn, a past Hornet himself and former winning coach of the Liberty Bell girls team.
TONASKET – The 2009-2010 boys’ basketball team is working hard together to improve on their record last season.
TONASKET – The Tonasket girls’ basketball team is starting fresh this year with a new coach.
TONASKET – With several returning wrestlers this season, the Tonasket wrestling team is working to maximize their potential under long-time head coach Dave Mitchell.
TONASKET – During the girls’ soccer team banquet on Thursday, Nov. 12, first year head coach Darren Collins announced that three girls were chosen for Caribou Trail League All-League awards.
TONASKET – During the cross country team banquet on Friday, Nov. 13, head coach Bob Thornton announced that seven runners earned Caribou Trail All-League awards.
OROVILLE – After two sudden-death tie breakers failed to determine a winner, the Oroville Hornets lost to the Bridgeport Fillies on penalty kicks.
OROVILLE – Oroville and Liberty Bell had a duel meet on Thursday, Oct. 22 at Lake Osoyoos Veterans Memorial State Park.
OROVILLE – After starting the season with six straight wins, and then dropping three in a row, the Oroville Hornets got back in the win column in a come from behind 21-18 victory over the Soap Lake Eagles.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140