TONASKET – With losses in their first two league games of the season, the Tiger losing streak has increased to 19 and their head coach said they need to find a way to stop it.
Sports and Outdoors
TONASKET – Despite losing their first two league games, the Tonasket girls’ basketball team is showing improvement, their head coach says.
COUER dALENE – The Tonasket Tigers wrestled their way to a tie for 36th place among 55 schools at the Tri-State tournament on Friday, Dec. 18 and Saturday, Dec. 19.
TONASKET – For the first time in four years, the Tonasket boys’ basketball team beat Oroville on Wednesday, Dec. 8 56-55.
TONASKET – For the first time in years, the Oroville girls’ basketball team beat the Tonasket Tigers on Tuesday, Dec. 8, 33-22.
OROVILLE – Undefeated in their league and district champions last year, the Oroville Hornets will apply the Granby System of Wrestling to try and go even further this year.
Hornet coach Carl Iverson finds himself at the helm of a smaller group of younger team players this year than his previous four years of coaching the basketball team.
OROVILLE – The Lady Hornets Basketball team has a new coach, Mike Bourn, a past Hornet himself and former winning coach of the Liberty Bell girls team.
TONASKET – The 2009-2010 boys’ basketball team is working hard together to improve on their record last season.
TONASKET – The Tonasket girls’ basketball team is starting fresh this year with a new coach.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140