OROVILLE – The Oroville Hornets lost a very tight 32-35 match against the Eastmont Wildcats.
Sports and Outdoors
OROVILLE – It was rough going for Liberty Bell when the Lions came down the mountain and the Hornets treated the visitors to a 71 to 31 defeat, Tuesday, Jan. 26.
SPOKANE – After beating the Okanogan Bulldogs earlier in the week, the Tonasket wrestling team traveled to Spokane for the Dream Duals Tournament, where they didn’t fair as well.
BREWSTER – A series of away games ended with another loss for the struggling Tonasket girls’ basketball team last week.
BREWSTER – The Tonasket boys’ basketball team continued their league losing streak last week with two more losses on the road.
TONASKET – The Tonasket Tigers took second place while the Oroville Hornets tied for fifth at the Apple Pie Tournament on Saturday, Jan. 16.
TONASKET – In one week, the Tonasket wrestling team lost a close match to Cashmere before taking down the ninth-raked Lake Roosevelt Raiders.
LEAVENWORTH – The Tonasket girls’ basketball team finished a long week of travel with a loss to Cascade after also losing to Lake Roosevelt earlier in the week.
LEAVENWORTH – After losing two more games last week and increasing their losing streak to eight this season, the Tonasket boys’ basketball team is hoping for a win this week.
COULEE CITY – The Oroville Hornet Wrestlers competed in their first League Mix-n-Match of the season at Coulee City.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140