OROVILLE – The Oroville Hornets Football team continued to demolish all comers as they shut out Entiat by a whopping 60 to zero last Friday on the Tiger’s home turf.
Sports and Outdoors
NORTH COUNTY – Local football players Keegan McCormick and Chad Mathews were recently chosen as athletes of the week by the WIAA/Seattle Times.
OROVILLE – On Saturday, Oct. 16, the Oroville Invitational Cross Country meet was held under a sunny blue sky at Oroville’s Lake Osoyoos Veterans Memorial Park.
OROVILLE – The Tonasket Tigers’ cross country team finished their regular season at the Oroville Invitational on Saturday, Oct. 16.
TONASKET – In their first game after 11 days, the Lady Tiger soccer team beat the Omak Pioneers 9-2 at home on Saturday, Oct. 16.
TONASKET – The Lady Tigers’ volleyball team fell to Omak at home on Saturday, Oct. 16.
KETTLE FALLS – The Tigers overcame a low scoring game in a defensive matchup against Kettle Falls to win 12-6 in overtime on Friday, Sept. 10.
TONASKET – The Tonasket High School soccer team won both of their first games of the season last week, first against Bridgeport and then against Oroville.
TONASKET – In their first three games of the season, the Tonasket High School volleyball team won two of three games, all at home.
OROVILLE – The Oroville Hornets took on Republic in an eight-man game on the Tiger’s homefield last Friday evening bringing home a 56 to 8 victory.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140