CASHMERE – The Tonasket High School softball team lost three games last week on the road.
Sports and Outdoors
OKANOGAN -The Tonasket High School track team competed well at the Real Dirt, Real Track meet in Okanogan on Saturday, April 23 against Cashmere, Okanogan and Omak.
OROVILLE – Oroville and Waterville split a double header at home last week, with the Hornets winning the first game 17 – 16 and the Shockers taking game two 12-13.
The Oroville Hornets Boys’ Soccer team had a rough week, losing three in a row to Manson, Omak and Bridgeport.
TONASKET – The Oroville track team traveled to the Tonasket Invitational Track & Field Meet Friday April 15 and finished in second in the girls division and third in the boys division.
REPUBLIC – The Tonasket High School baseball team defeated Republic in both games of a doubleheader on Saturday, April 9.
SPRINGFIELD, MO – Emily Graham finished sixth in Individual Open Western Horsemanship at the Western Semi-Finals held in Springfield, Missouri.
OROVILLE – The Oroville fastpitch softball team is having a rough start to their season with losses coming on their home diamond against Curlew, Tonasket and Okanogan.
OROVILLE – The Oroville Hornets boys’ soccer team had a very good week last week with wins against Liberty Bell at home and Tonasket on the road.
OROVILLE – Despite cold and windy conditions, the Hornet track and field team hosted the Eagle Home Mortage Oroville Invitational on April 2 with Cascade finishing first for the girls and Republic for the boys.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140