Oroville’s football playoff fortunes were dealt a severe blow when the injured C.J. Mathews was unable to suit up for Friday’s first round contest at Warden.
Sports and Outdoors
LEAVENWORTH – The Tonasket girls soccer team, making its first district playoff appearance in four seasons, fell on the road to Cascade on Nov. 1, 2-0.
Oroville falls to Brewster 21-0 in first leg of three-way tiebreaker on Nov. 1.
Tonasket clinches girls soccer playoff spot with victory over Chelan.
A 42-point first quarter was more than enough to propel the Chelan football team past Tonasket on Oct. 21.
Tonasket’s volleyball team played Caribou Trail League leaders Chelan and Cascade in consecutive matches last week as the Tigers fought to keep their playoff hopes alive.
Oroville’s volleyball team was swept in its final home game of the season Thursday, Oct. 20, 25-17, 25-19, 25-18 by Waterville.
Tonasket’s Damon Halvorsen wasn’t going to let this one get away.
BREWSTER – Oroville’s football team could have wrapped up a share of the Central Washington League’s North Division title on Friday, Oct. 21, at Brewster.
TONASKET – A hometown favorite, Brandon Weller, was the overall winner of this year’s Tonasket Demolition Derby in the aptly-named lime green Rough and Tough 1974 Town and Country station wagon.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140