If you missed the Stats-n-Stuff in this week’s print edition … here they are!
Sports and Outdoors
OROVILLE – Oroville’s boys basketball team gave its fans a Christmas gift that had the Hornets’ own coach scratching his head.
The Oroville girls basketball team might have thought it would have trouble matching up with Omak with leading scorer Kelsey Hughes sidelined after having her wisdom teeth removed.
Everyone saw plenty of action for the Tonasket boys basketball team on Tuesday, Dec. 20, as the Tigers built a huge early lead and cruised to a 75-37 victory over Bridgeport.
It took a quarter for the Tonasket girls basketball team to get untracked on defense, and a half to get the offense rolling.
But that was enough for the Tigers, as they bounced back from an 11-point deficit on Dec. 20 to beat Bridgeport 42-37.
Tonasket’s wrestling team placed seven wrestlers in the championship matches of their respective weight classes to key a first place showing at Oroville’s North Okanogan Holiday Invitational on Thursday, Dec. 22.
Boys Basketball Last week’s scores: Saturday, Dec. 17 Tonasket 77, Liberty Bell 60 (NL) Cheney 54, Okanogan 53 – 2 OT (NL) Pateros 61, Kittitas 51 (NL) Manson def. Waterville Lake Roosevelt 64, Wellpinit 34 (Lake Roosevelt tourney championship) Omak 77, Bridgeport 48 (Lake Roosevelt tourney consolation) Friday, Dec. 16 Cashmere 70, Brewster 51 (NL) [...]
Hornets make clutch plays in final seconds to ice victory
OROVILLE – Oroville’s girls basketball team got a bit of payback on their rivals from Tonasket, but it wasn’t easy. The Hornets held on for a 35-31 victory on Tuesday, Dec. 13, to earn a split of the season series. The Tigers won the first game 10 days earlier, 32-31. “I was kind of disappointed [...]
OROVILLE – If this year was any indication, the future of Oroville boys basketball is bright. The Oroville Seventh grade boys basketball team wrapped up an unbeaten, 10-0 season on Wednesday, Dec. 14, with a 43-18 defeat of rival Tonasket. The Yellowjackets beat the Tigers, Okanogan and Grand Coulee twice each this season and added [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140