High School JV / Varsity Sports This Week Thursday, Jan. 12 GB (JV/Var) – Oroville at Chelan 6:00 / 7:30 p.m. WR – Tonasket at Okanogan (w/Omak, Chelan) 6:00 p.m. Friday, Jan. 13 BB (JV/Var) – Oroville at Lake Roosevelt 6:00 / 7:30 p.m. GB (Var/JV) – Oroville at Lake Roosevelt 6:00 / 7:30 p.m. [...]
Sports and Outdoors
Tonasket takes third at Warden tournament, while Hornets wrestle at individual-only ACH tourney
Tonasket’s basketball teams started the week with victories over Republic, but CTL play wasn’t so kind to the Tigers.
Oroville’s boys basketball team defeated Bridgeport despite 10 3-pointers by the Mustangs, while the girls pulled away from the Fillies in the final quarter.
High School JV / Varsity Sports This Week Friday, Jan. 6 BB (JV/Var) – Tonasket at Chelan 6:00 / 7:30 p.m. GB (Var/JV) – Tonasket at Chelan 6:00 / 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 7 WR – Tonasket at Warden Invitational 10:00 a.m. BB (JV/Var) – Cascade at Tonasket 6:00 / 7:30 p.m. GB (Var/JV) – [...]
WELLPINIT – The Oroville girls basketball team defeated Wellpinit for the second time in six days on Thursday, Dec. 29, winning a 50-45 road contest.
CASHMERE – The Oroville boys basketball team took to the road on Dec. 29 to play at Cashmere, ranked second in recent state 1A polling.
The long bus trip was made even longer by a 74-42 loss to the Bulldogs.
Playing their second game in as many days, the Tonasket girls basketball team dropped an overtime heartbreaker to Republic in the consolation game of the Brewster Christmas Tournament on Friday, Dec. 30, 40-39.
Tonasket traveled to Royal City on Dec. 29 for the Royal Christmas Tournament, taking 11th out of 18 teams in a field filled state tournament tested teams.
Tonasket turned around 20 hours after its disappointing loss to Brewster to run past Republic 59-26 on Friday, Dec. 30, and take third place at the Brewster Christmas Tournament.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140