BRIDGEPORT – Oroville came up empty on two late-game chances to tie, and Bridgeport hit four free throws in the final six seconds as the Mustangs held on for a 49-44 victory over the Hornets on Jan. 16.
Sports and Outdoors
BRIDGEPORT – Oroville’s girls basketball team outscored Bridgeport in every quarter on Jan. 16 to improve to 2-0 in Central Washington 2B League play.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Updated Standings/Schedules Girls Basketball Oroville 56, Bridgeport 26 Quincy 40, Wahluke 27 (NL) Boys Basketball Bridgeport 49, Oroville 44 Quincy 39, Wahluke 27 (NL)
QUINCY – Tonasket stayed within one point of Quincy through three quarters on Jan. 15, but the Jackrabbit girls finished with a 15-4 run to down the Tigers 43-31.
Tonasket has gone two summers without its city swimming pool, but momentum only now seems to be gaining on a plan for replacing it. The question that has yet to be answered is, are area residents truly willing to support the building and maintenance of a pool? Emotionally, the answer seems to be, “Yes,” especially [...]
QUINCY – Quincy hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining to finish off a 14-point comeback and defeat Tonasket 50-48 on Tuesday, Jan. 15.
ENTIAT – Oroville’s boys basketball team battled to a 28-24 halftime lead but couldn’t hold on in the second half despite 17 points from Juan Lopez. Entiat’s 22-7 third quarter and 71 percent shooting from the floor led to a 65-49 win over the Hornets.
OROVILLE – Oroville’s girls basketball team stayed on even terms with undefeated Entiat into the fourth quarter, but the illness-depleted Hornets faded down the stretch to fall 39-30.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Girls Basketball Entiat 37, Oroville 30 (NL) Quincy 43, Tonasket 31 Cashmere 65, Brewster 62 Okanogan 59, Chelan 27 Cascade 55, Omak 46 Bridgeport 49, Liberty Bell 22 Lake Roosevelt 44, Manson 40 Pateros 60, Riverside Christian 23 (NL) Boys Basketball Entiat 65, Oroville 49 (NL) Quincy [...]
Mary Walker (Springdale) Tournament, Jan. 11 No team scores kept Oroville placers: John Marquiss (113 lbs) – 2nd place Jordan Smith (120) – 2nd place Eddie Ocampo (160) – 3rd place Taylor Robinson (182) – 3rd place
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140