Team Scoring Tonasket 209, Warden 196.5, Warden 158, Okanogan 112, Liberty Bell 97, Cascade 85, Kettle Falls 66, Brewster 49, Oroville 28. Championship Matches 106 – Jesus Dominguez (WARD) def. Anthony Payton (OK), 2-2, 4 OT 113 – Mikey Canales (WARD) def. Johnny Martinez (WARD), by tech fall, 21-6 120 – Collin Aitcheson (TON) def. [...]
Sports and Outdoors
CHELAN – Chelan’s boys basketball team dominated the first half on the way to a 48-38 victory over Tonasket on Friday, Jan. 17.
CHELAN – In the teams’ first meeting this season, Tonasket took a one-point lead over Chelan in the third quarter last month. Chelan took no chances this time around, putting the game away early in the way to a 57-12 victory over the Tigers.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Wrestling Tonasket 60, Cascade 12 Girls Basketball Chelan 57, Tonasket 12 Okanogan 62, Cascade 35 Lake Roosevelt 52, Kittitas 42 Manson 44, Liberty Bell 23 White Swan vs. Wilson Creek Riverside Christian 18, CBSS 12 Boys Basketball Chelan 48, Tonasket 38 Okanogan 73, Cascade 35 Kittitas 54, [...]
BRIDGEPORT – Oroville came up empty on two late-game chances to tie, and Bridgeport hit four free throws in the final six seconds as the Mustangs held on for a 49-44 victory over the Hornets on Jan. 16.
BRIDGEPORT – Oroville’s girls basketball team outscored Bridgeport in every quarter on Jan. 16 to improve to 2-0 in Central Washington 2B League play.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Updated Standings/Schedules Girls Basketball Oroville 56, Bridgeport 26 Quincy 40, Wahluke 27 (NL) Boys Basketball Bridgeport 49, Oroville 44 Quincy 39, Wahluke 27 (NL)
QUINCY – Tonasket stayed within one point of Quincy through three quarters on Jan. 15, but the Jackrabbit girls finished with a 15-4 run to down the Tigers 43-31.
Tonasket has gone two summers without its city swimming pool, but momentum only now seems to be gaining on a plan for replacing it. The question that has yet to be answered is, are area residents truly willing to support the building and maintenance of a pool? Emotionally, the answer seems to be, “Yes,” especially [...]
QUINCY – Quincy hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining to finish off a 14-point comeback and defeat Tonasket 50-48 on Tuesday, Jan. 15.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140