Oroville girls win on the road at Lake Roosevelt Tonasket girls fall at Cashmere Oroville boys lose to LR Cashmere beats Tonasket boys
Sports and Outdoors
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Updated Standings & Schedules Girls Basketball Oroville 45, Lake Roosevelt 40 Cashmere 61, Tonasket 16 Brewster 75, Cascade 58 Okanogan 54, Quincy 13 White Swan 76, Soap Lake 34 (NL) Boys Basketball Lake Roosevelt 67, Liberty Bell 49 Cashmere 72, Tonasket 52 Brewster 92, Cascade 44 Okanogan [...]
MANSON – Oroville improved to 4-0 in Central Washington League play with a 62-33 victory at Manson on Tuesday, Jan. 21. The Hornets play at Lake Roosevelt in a showdown for the league’s top spot on Thursday.
MANSON – Oroville’s boys basketball team earned its first league victory of the season, 58-50 over Manson, on Tuesday as Bryce Glover scored 21 points while Dustin Nigg and Joseph Sarmiento combined for 22 points and 19 rebounds.
TONASKET – Tonasket gave Okanogan all the Bulldogs could handle in their first meeting in December. Not so on Tuesday, Jan. 21, as Okanogan (15-0) ran up 49 points in the first half and defeated the Tigers 82-55.
OROVILLE – Nine Hornets reached the scoring column and three – Lily Hilderbrand, Mikayla Scott and Brittany Jewett – hit double figures as Oroville beat Riverside Christian 53-21 on Saturday, Jan. 18.
Team Scoring Tonasket 209, Warden 196.5, Warden 158, Okanogan 112, Liberty Bell 97, Cascade 85, Kettle Falls 66, Brewster 49, Oroville 28. Championship Matches 106 – Jesus Dominguez (WARD) def. Anthony Payton (OK), 2-2, 4 OT 113 – Mikey Canales (WARD) def. Johnny Martinez (WARD), by tech fall, 21-6 120 – Collin Aitcheson (TON) def. [...]
CHELAN – Chelan’s boys basketball team dominated the first half on the way to a 48-38 victory over Tonasket on Friday, Jan. 17.
CHELAN – In the teams’ first meeting this season, Tonasket took a one-point lead over Chelan in the third quarter last month. Chelan took no chances this time around, putting the game away early in the way to a 57-12 victory over the Tigers.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Wrestling Tonasket 60, Cascade 12 Girls Basketball Chelan 57, Tonasket 12 Okanogan 62, Cascade 35 Lake Roosevelt 52, Kittitas 42 Manson 44, Liberty Bell 23 White Swan vs. Wilson Creek Riverside Christian 18, CBSS 12 Boys Basketball Chelan 48, Tonasket 38 Okanogan 73, Cascade 35 Kittitas 54, [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140