BRIDGEPORT – Oroville came up empty on two late-game chances to tie, and Bridgeport hit four free throws in the final six seconds as the Mustangs held on for a 49-44 victory over the Hornets on Jan. 16.
Hornet boys fall in final seconds
About Brent BakerBrent, is a former reporter/photographer for the Gazette-Tribune and sometimes works as a freelance sports reporter for the G-T. Prior to working at the G-T, he was the sports editor for Sunrise Publishing from 2000-2005 in Michigan. He subsequently owned and operated Buckland Media, a high school sports website, in Michigan until 2010. He and his wife Kim, who have an adult son, moved to Tonasket in 2010. Brent worked as a full time reporter/photographer at the G-T from 2011 - 2014).
Subscribe & Connect
- 16th Annual Northwest Ice Fishing Festival this weekend
- PNTA plans meeting on trail town kiosk
- Virginia Lilly Trail re-opens for adventure in the Okanogan Highlands
- State Parks Boating Program urges stand up paddleboarders to wear life jacket, leash
- Fire danger increases, campfire restrictions in effect Aug. 1