John E. Andrist, former Omak Chronicle owner-publisher and community leader, who in his final years inspired many by his determination to overcome severe disabilities after a stroke, died of respiratory failure at his home in Omak Sept. 25. He was 75.
Justin A. Reese, age 19 of Oroville, went to be with his heavenly Father on Oct. 6, 2007 due to a car accident near Loomis.
Joan Jean McAlister passed away on Aug. 19, 2007 and was entered into rest on Aug. 24, 2007 in Warrenton, Virginia.
John F. Zarieki, 76, of Bremerton, Wash. died Sept. 24, 2007 at Harrison Medical Center. He was born in New Suffolk, Long Island on April 16, 1931.
On June 5, 1954 he married Josephine Schiano in Los Angeles, Calif.
Ethel J. Finley, 90, of Marysville, Wash. passed away peacefully on Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2007 at Sacred Heart Adult Home in Marysville.
Willa Petty has gone to that great garden in the sky. Willa passed away quietly on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2007 in Kirkland, Wash.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140