Friends and acquaintances of Lynn Rainsberry are invited to a Musical Memorial on Friday, Nov. 2, 2007 at the Oroville American Legion Hall at 6:30 p.m.
June 26, 1920 – Oct. 12, 2007
“He fought the good fight.”
After nearly a two-year battle with cancer, Wilbur Bruce ‘Mac’ McPherson passed away peacefully surrounded by his family. A successful businessman, philanthropist, community leader, author, poet, devoted husband, father, grandfather, brother, uncle and beloved friend and sweetheart, he will be missed by many. A self-made man, who never forgot his roots, Mac was born in Toppenish, Wash. to Anna Rose and Robert Ross McPherson.
Emma “Skip” Black passed away at the age of 101 on Oct. 19, 2007 in Tonasket. She was born on July 30, 1906 in West Pittston, Penn.
Jessie Austen Weaver, 79, Tonasket, died on Monday, Oct. 15, 2007 at the North Valley Hospital in Tonasket.
Clifford Beezley, loving husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather and uncle passed away in his sleep on Oct. 14, 2007 in North Bend, Wash. By his side was his loving wife of 62 years Mary Lou Beezley (Flint).
Anna Louise Paup-Hill, 82, Oroville, died on Monday, Oct. 8, 2007 in Goldendale, Wash.
She was born on Oct. 11, 1924 in Waynesburg, Ky. to parents Isom Potter and Dixie Pearl (Robinson) Howell. Louise was raised in Kentucky and moved to Omak in 1943 where she worked for Pacific NW Bell Telephone Company until 1963. She married Dr. Glenn A. Paup and he preceded her in death in 1978.
Richard A. Sherlock, 71, of Tonasket died at his home on Oct. 2, 2007 surrounded by his family.
Richard was born Nov. 9, 1935 to Jack and Ruth Sherlock of Hollywood, Calif. Richard is survived by his loving wife of 49 years, Colleen Sherlock of Tonasket; daughter, Ronda Sherlock of Seattle; son and daughter, John and Laura Sherlock of Okanogan; one grandchild, Anne Sherlock; and several nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
Roy Stotts, 85, Tonasket, died Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2007 at North Valley Hospital.
LaDean Ann Murphy Peterson Lyons went to join her Lord on Sept. 18, 2007. LaDean was born July 4, 1958 at Enterprise, Oregon to Bernard and Rita Murphy.
Lynn D. Rainsberry, a resident of Echo, and former resident of Pendleton, Ore. died Sunday, Oct. 7, 2007 in the Good Shepherd Hospital in Hermiston, Ore. He was 70 years-old.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140