Alfred ‘Al’ L. Diset, age 93, passed away peacefully on July 1, 2008 after having a brief but courageous battle with cancer.
Ken Gideon passed away on June 21, 2008 at the age of 73 after a lengthy illness.
On the morning of Saturday, Dec. 22, 2007, Larry went to meet the Lord, passing away peacefully in his home surrounded by his family.
Michael Dean Sutton of Willis, Texas lost his life to cancer and passed away on June 29, 2008.
Shane Frear, age 35, passed away June 20, 208 at his home in Tooele, Utah surrounded by his loving family and friends.
Jane Dexter, age 71, passed away on June 17, 2008 at North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket.
Alcie Marie Pickering, 82, passed away peacefully in her pretty purple robe on June 8, 2008 in Ellensburg, Wash. after a brief illness and with her two loving daughters at her side.
Patricia A. Libby, much loved daughter, sister and friend of many, passed away peacefully at Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane on May 18, 2008. She will never be forgotten
Bob Timm passed away May 30, 2008 at his home on the family ranch. Bob was born Aug. 14, 1950 to Fred and Sally Mary Timm of Okanogan.
William Henry Balmes, age 69, born June 4, 1938 in Oroville died March 24, 2008 in Spangle, WA.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140