Ethelyn “Lefty” Vest passed away peacefully at Apple Meadows in Omak surrounded by her family on Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2008 at the age of 76.
Eleanor Jean Lorz Scott, born in Wauconda on Nov. 28, 1922 to Anna Jean Laurie Lorz and Cornelius William Lorz, passed away in Davenport, Wash. on Sept. 1, 2008.
Paul Inlow, age 69, of Tonasket died on Sunday, Aug. 24, 2008 at the North Valley Hospital in Tonasket.
On Aug. 18, 2008, Tom was called home to the Lord following an accident south of Pateros. He was born on Oct. 31, 1945 to Amos and Mary (Beale) Teas at St. Martin’s Hospital in Tonasket.
Ursula M. Catlin, Webber, Allen, 93 of Tonasket, Wash. died Aug. 13, 2008 at the Tonasket hospital.
Minqua (Joyce) Martineau died Friday, Aug. 1 of complication from pneumonia at Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane, Wash.
Jacqueline Deloris Birch was born on Feb. 25, 1930 and passed away on Aug. 5, 2008. She rejoins her husband of 51 years, Lyle, who passed away on May 7, 1999.
Lillian Virginia Ewalt, 85, of Tonasket, passed away on Friday, Aug. 1, 2008. She had been a Tonasket resident for the last nine years.
Shauneen (Sicks) Wheeler – loving wife and partner, mother, daughter, aunt, cousin, niece and friend. Born in Bremerton, Wash. July 16, 1954.
Patsy R. Wisener, age 79 of Oroville, died on Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2008 at Central Washington Hospital in Wenatchee.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140