Helen R. Bell, age 90 of Tonasket, died on Friday, July 25, 2008 at North Valley Hospital in Tonasket.
Kay (Bergeson, Koch) Halldin, 70, of Wannacut Lake, died on July 21, 2008 at North Valley Hospital.
Lois J. Campbell, age 75, of Tonasket passed away July 19, 2008 at North Valley Hospital.
Inabel M. Fish, age 93, went to be with the Lord on July 17, 2008. She was born in Wauconda.
On Friday, July 18, 2008 the life of an exceptional man, Hollis Dean Cox, came to a peaceful end. The three people he loved most in his life were at his side.
Russell Edgar Millard was born on Dec. 12, 1917 in Des Moines, Iowa. He was the son of Louie Luther Millard Sr. and Alice Broyles Millard. He was one of seven children, three brothers and three sisters. Russell was educated in local schools in Des Moines and Adel, Iowa. He attended Lewis and Clark College in Lewiston, Idaho throughout various years of his career.
Gordon Sylvester, 80, passed away at his home in Oroville on July 9, 2008 after a courageous battle with cancer.
Ruby V. Sherling, age 92, of Oroville passed away July 11, 2008 at her home.
Sandra Marlene Nealey Robbins, age 64, died on Tuesday, July 8, 2008 at North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket.
A memorial service will be held for Ruth Colean (Cokie) Gilseth of Oroville who died at age 55 on July 20, 1998 at North Valley Hospital in Tonasket.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140