Clara Isabelle Burton, 81, of Tonasket went to be with the Lord on Jan. 30, 2010 at home surrounded by her family. Clara was born on July 12, 1928 in Washington, Mo., the oldest of twelve children born to Frank and Kathryn Cline.
Sylvia Joan (Anglin) Vail passed away Jan. 14, 2010 in Monroe, Wash. Born to Lois Irene (Duvall) and Howard Marion Anglin in Bremerton , Wash. on Feb. 9, 1938, Sylvia moved with her family to Hanford, Wash. later settling in Naches where she grew up with a love of horses, holding a job at Erickson Stables. She loved to sing and loved classical and popular music from an early age. In high school, she participated in both concert band and marching band. She was an excellent seamstress. Sylvia graduated from Naches Valley High School in 1956, salutatorian of her class.
Glen Adrian Matthew Marchand, 59, of Oroville died on Jan. 20, 2010 at home in Oroville. He was born on Sept. 21, 1950 in Penticton, B.C. to parents George and Sophie Marchand.
Linda L. Pruitt, age 82, of Tonasket died on Friday, Jan. 22, 2010 at the North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket.
Beatrice Stetz, 95, of Oroville, formerly of Brier, Wash. passed away Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2010 with two of her daughters, Frances and Viola, by her side.
Dorothy Brattain, age 89, died on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010 at Franklin Hills Health Center in Spokane.
Lorraine M. Maki, age 85, of Oroville died on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010 at North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket.
Dorthyan Lund, age 92, passed away on Nov. 26, 2009 in Sammamish, Wash. She was born in Portland, Ore. to Florence and James W. Ethington on May 24, 1917.
Thelma G. Blackmore, age 68, of Oroville died on Thursday, Dec. 10, 2009 at her home in Oroville.
Neal went home to the Lord on Nov. 7, 2009 at the age of 57 after battling lung disease and cancer.
Neal Keithley was born in Tonasket on June 13, 1952. Neal was raised in Tonasket graduating from Tonasket High School in 1971. After high school Neal continued to reside in Tonasket. He served in the Washington National Guard from 1971 through 1977 obtaining the rank of Sgt. E-5.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140