Cecile Barbara Erickson of Oroville passed away suddenly at home on May 2, 2010 at the age of 71.
Dorthy E. Finsen, age 94, of Oroville, died on May 7, 2010 at Oroville. She was born July 29, 1915 in Hays City, Kan. to George and Mary Noel.
Edwin Lewis Buchert was born in Watertown, S.D., June 19, 1918 to Ed and Effie Buchert. He went home to his Lord and God April 10, 2010 at the North Valley Nursing Home.
Arnold Lindbergh Birch was born in Whitetail, Mont. on May 27, 1927, the seventh of Archie and Vera Birch’s ten children.
Rosalie J. Clinkenbeard, 56, of Wenatchee, died Sunday, April 11, 2010, at her home in Wenatchee.
Tommie ‘Bama’ J. Kammeyer passed away on Sunday, April 4, 2010.
Ruby Ruth Wiltz, 99, a life long resident of Washington passed away in Walla Walla, Wash. on Feb. 2, 2010.
Ruby was born in Molson, the fourth of 14 children. She grew up and attended school in Chesaw and Molson.
Heather LeAnn Hockett died on Monday, April 5, 2010 due to an automobile accident.
She was born July 28, 1986 in Oliver, B.C. She spent her childhood years attending school in Portland, Ore. and summer times in Oroville.
Heather Hockett died April 5, 2010 in Davenport, Wash., due to an auto accident.
John Wesley Epley, “Wes” age 58 of Tonasket died April 1, 2010 in the arms of his wife at their home after a valiant battle with cancer.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140