Shane Frear, age 35, passed away June 20, 208 at his home in Tooele, Utah surrounded by his loving family and friends.
Jane Dexter, age 71, passed away on June 17, 2008 at North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket.
Alcie Marie Pickering, 82, passed away peacefully in her pretty purple robe on June 8, 2008 in Ellensburg, Wash. after a brief illness and with her two loving daughters at her side.
Patricia A. Libby, much loved daughter, sister and friend of many, passed away peacefully at Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane on May 18, 2008. She will never be forgotten
Bob Timm passed away May 30, 2008 at his home on the family ranch. Bob was born Aug. 14, 1950 to Fred and Sally Mary Timm of Okanogan.
William Henry Balmes, age 69, born June 4, 1938 in Oroville died March 24, 2008 in Spangle, WA.
Randy K. Wheat, age 49, of Oroville passed away on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at Central Washington Hospital, after a courageous battle with cancer.
Paul “Tubes” Christensen died at his home in Oroville on Monday, May 19, 2008. He was born on December 18, 1953, in Tonasket to Oscar and Evelyn Christensen.
Dale Sparber, Mayor of the City of Omak, died at Mid-Valley Hospital on May 22, 2008.
Vivian Becky Hayworth, age 75, of Oroville passed away on Wednesday, May 7, 2008 at home in Oroville.
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237