Richard Neal Morris, age 62, died Dec. 20, 2010 in Salina, Utah. Richard was the eighth child born to Chester Lawrence and Florence Wood Morris on July 11, 1948 in Tonasket.
Medaine Gates Thomason passed away Dec. 14, 2010 in Ellensburg, Wash. She was born Nov. 16, 1923 in Molson, to Emma and John Gates.
On Dec. 5, 2010 Evangeline Lesamiz Buchert passed away from this life at the North Valley Nursing Home. She is now with her Lord.
Alvin “Al” Dunlap, 66, passed away Nov. 28, 2010 at Central Washington Hospital in Wenatchee.
Sandy (Muriel) Jenkins DeBuryn went to be with the Lord on Nov. 23, 2010. She was born Jan. 14, 1924 to Audrey and John Jenkins in Bellingham, Wash.
Margaret (Casey) Pheasant passed away Nov. 28 at St. Joseph Residence in Seattle, Wash. She was born April 11, 1912, at home, in Burke, Wash., to the late Mary Ann McCann Casey and Frank Casey, immigrants from Ireland and Scotland who settled in the Quincy area.
Emogene Rounds, age 78, of Oroville died on Thursday, Dec. 2, 2010 at her home in Oroville.
Wilma Jean Henson passed away on Nov. 14, 2010 surrounded by family and eagerly welcomed by her Brother Roy, Sister Lila and daughter Melody. Wilma was born on March 13, 1929 to Henry and Johnnie Susler in Enid, Okla.
Travis Glenn Rairdan, 25, was tragically lost on the evening of Nov. 12, 2010. He was born to Bill and Connie Rairdan on March 31, 1985 in Tonasket.
Marie Elizabeth Turner, age 80, of Molson died on Friday, Nov. 19, 2010 at the North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket. She was born on Aug. 8, 1930 to Olie and Jessie Rise, at her grandparent’s home on Fletcher Mountain near Molson.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140