Colleen Anne Sherlock of Tonasket, died suddenly on Feb. 19, 2011.
Dorothy Ann Hayden, 82, of Oroville passed away peacefully on the early morning of Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011 at the Central Washington Hospital in Wenatchee.
Gary J. Allen, 77, of Oroville passed away on Monday, Feb. 14, 2011 at the North Valley Extended Care in Tonasket.
Christina Kiesecker, 56, of Pateros was born on Sept. 29, 1954 in Tonasket, to Richard and Grace Margret Kiesecker.
Brian Welander passed away Feb. 7, 2011 in Molson.
Juanita Caroline ‘Tootsie’ Krusoff, age 72, passed away on Friday, Feb. 11, 2011 at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane. She was born on July 1, 1938 in Springfield, Mo. to Jack and Hazel Pittsley.
Lawson Ernest Cook, age 62, of Tonasket passed away peacefully at home on Jan. 6, 2011 after a long fight against his cancer.
Mary Cannaday was born Oct. 12, 1929 in Rogers, Ark., to Howard and Mae Rounds. She entered into Eternal Joy and Peace on Jan. 30, 2011 at 10:50 p.m. at the North Valley Convalescent Center where she has resided since her illness.
Etha William Pratt (age 98) was born to parents Fred E. and Minnie Belle Pratt in the Molson/Chesaw area on March 29, 1912. He passed away Feb. 6, 2011.
Yvonne Evelyn Cutchie Newton passed away Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2011 in Tonasket after a short illness.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140