- Larry D. Scriver, age 76, a lifetime resident of Tonasket, died Dec. 14, 2011 at his home.
- He was born Jan. 27, 1935 to Russell and C. Isabelle Scriver. Larry graduated from Tonasket High School in 1953 and entered the National Guard. Later he was a rancher and a log cutter. Larry enjoyed being retired, loafing around, snowmobiling, and 4-wheeling. He was a member of the American Legion Post 84 of Oroville and the Tonasket Eagles.
- He is survived by his daughters Teri Weedman and Jeri Stephens, both of Cashmere; sister, Vera (Jim) Watson of Riverside; six grandchildren and five great grandchildren and caregiver, Jean Jones of Tonasket.
- He was preceded in death by his sister, Gladys and brother Clarence (Slim) Scriver.
- Services will be held at the Tonasket Eagles after the first of the year. Please share your thoughts and memories by signing Larry’s online guestbook at www.berghfuneralservice.com.
Larry D. Scriver
About Gazette-Tribune Staff
Subscribe & Connect
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140