- TONASKET – Colby Reily of Stratford, WA, claimed the 8th Annual Jeremy Ives Memorial Bullriding title at the Tonasket Founders Day Rodeo on June 1-2, as the only bullrider to score in the short go to conclude the competition.
Of the eight finalists, seven were thrown from their bulls before completing their ride. Reily’s 84 enabled him to jump to the forefront and claim the Jeremy Ives Memorial Beltbuckle and jacket, edging out Cheyne Olney of Toppenish.
- For story, more photos and full results see sports or click RODEO.
Tonasket Founders Day Rodeo
About Brent BakerBrent, is a former reporter/photographer for the Gazette-Tribune and now works as a freelance sports reporter for the G-T and owns and operates his own high school sports website OK Valley Sports. (See it online at okvalleysports.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/OK-Valley-Sports/172342412808987?fref=nf). Prior to working at the G-T, he was the sports editor for Sunrise Publishing from 2000-2005 in Michigan. He subsequently owned and operated Buckland Media, a high school sports website, in Michigan until 2010. He and his wife Kim, who have an adult son, moved to Tonasket in 2010. Brent worked as a full time reporter/photographer at the G-T from 2011 - 2014).
Subscribe & Connect
- Enloe Powerhouse highlighted in state list of threatened historic properties
- Chance to meet two more candidates for Oroville School Superintendent
- Questions answered about medical marijuana policies
- Oroville hiker rescued off Mt. Hull by Navy rescue helicopter
- Planners hear pros and cons of local cannabis industry
The Online Poll