Friends, relatives and concerned citizens picketed in front of the North Valley Assisted Living facility on Friday, Jan. 18, to protest its scheduled closing at the end of March.
Slideshow: Picketers protest Assisted Living closure
About Brent BakerBrent, is a former reporter/photographer for the Gazette-Tribune and sometimes works as a freelance sports reporter for the G-T. Prior to working at the G-T, he was the sports editor for Sunrise Publishing from 2000-2005 in Michigan. He subsequently owned and operated Buckland Media, a high school sports website, in Michigan until 2010. He and his wife Kim, who have an adult son, moved to Tonasket in 2010. Brent worked as a full time reporter/photographer at the G-T from 2011 - 2014).
Subscribe & Connect
- Oroville wastewater treatment plant wins state Outstanding Award
- Campfires banned on DNR-protected lands across Eastern Washington
- Leads remain the same for Okanogan County offices in second Primary Election count
- Detro leads for county commissioner, Hawley for sheriff in early ballot count
- Fires in Twisp River Drainage grow to nearly 7700 acres