Friends, relatives and concerned citizens picketed in front of the North Valley Assisted Living facility on Friday, Jan. 18, to protest its scheduled closing at the end of March.
Slideshow: Picketers protest Assisted Living closure
About Brent BakerBrent, is a former reporter/photographer for the Gazette-Tribune and now works as a freelance sports reporter for the G-T and owns and operates his own high school sports website OK Valley Sports. (See it online at okvalleysports.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/OK-Valley-Sports/172342412808987?fref=nf). Prior to working at the G-T, he was the sports editor for Sunrise Publishing from 2000-2005 in Michigan. He subsequently owned and operated Buckland Media, a high school sports website, in Michigan until 2010. He and his wife Kim, who have an adult son, moved to Tonasket in 2010. Brent worked as a full time reporter/photographer at the G-T from 2011 - 2014).
Subscribe & Connect
- Enloe Powerhouse highlighted in state list of threatened historic properties
- Chance to meet two more candidates for Oroville School Superintendent
- Questions answered about medical marijuana policies
- Oroville hiker rescued off Mt. Hull by Navy rescue helicopter
- Planners hear pros and cons of local cannabis industry
The Online Poll